Friday, July 14, 2017

REMEMBER, I'M HERE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
"God is always seeking you. Every sunset. Every clear blue sky. Each ocean wave. The starry hosts of night. He blankets each new day with the invitation, ‘I am here.’ "- Louie Giglio
 
Comforting quote for sure.- do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9 (ESV)
 
Sometimes it is the simplest of reminders that provide the greatest assurance. 
Jesus loves me, this I know for the BIBLE tells me so!
That is another one.
 
The fact is life can be and often is so intensely complicated. 
 
Just yesterday I spent nearly 3 hours off and on with a distraught dad whose little girl was stating if he didn’t find her a place to get some help in the next few hours, she was going to do “whatever it took” to get a fix.
 
Those are the times that if I didn’t believe GOD was RIGHT HERE and had a hand in the dilemma, I, and I am sure the dad, would have wilted under the complexity and strain.  Yet, true to form GOD was engaged and HE opened a door in East Liverpool and she is starting her journey to recovery hopefully today!
 
The point is that sometimes when the pressure is mounting or the circumstances are intensifying, don’t try to face them, or manage to them alone. 
Remember GOD IS THERE!
 
GOD is seeking you and me out continually and is supremely primed with the help, guidance, direction, provision, and providence always and in all cases! He has been doing that since the beginning; showing up and taking the lead when the challenges are hardest.
Remember Moses?
When Moses said, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh?" GOD didn’t focus or dwell on who Moses was, on his capabilities or resources rather GOD reminded Moses of WHO He is by saying, "I (GOD) will be with you" (Exodus 3:12)”
In other words, “I (GOD) have this.”
 
Today I want to keep this as simple and succinct as I can. 
GOD is HERE
JESUS loves you.
And the HOLY SPIRIT is primed and ready to lead the day and cover the rest!
Corrie ten Boom once said that:
“Trying to do the Lord's work in your own strength is the most confusing, exhausting, and tedious of all work. But when you are filled with the Holy Spirit, then the ministry of Jesus just flows out of you.”
And I would add that not just ministry flows, but life flows so much more purposefully and manageably when we remember that!
 
So, pause.
Look around.
Remember GOD is there.
He is waiting to be found.
Relax.
Let Him love and lead you. 
“When you are in troubled and worried and sick at heart
And your plans are upset and your world falls apart,
Remember God's ready and waiting to share
The burden you find much too heavy to bear--
So with faith, "Let Go and Let GOD" lead your way
Into a brighter and less troubled day”
― Helen Steiner Rice
 
  
I love you all.
Have a blessed weekend.
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment