Wednesday, July 19, 2017

MAX DAY 2

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

You have a God who hears you, the power of love behind you, the Holy Spirit within you, and all of heaven ahead of you. If you have the Shepherd, you have grace for every sin, direction for every turn, a candle for every corner and an anchor for every storm. You have everything you need. - Max Lucado

So here we are on day 3 of a little R&R for the family, especially my lovely Dr. Delaney who after multiple years of toil, study and testing is done with school. (at least for now).  She is resting WELL!

Yesterday, we grabbed the first half of this Texas Pastor’s (a favorite of mine) quote and unpacked that trifecta of truth that GOD hears, GOD loves and GOD equips us for each day.  I thought we could grab the back half of that quote and spend a minute or two with some of that remaining truth.

Isn’t it assuring to know that we DO indeed have a shepherd to lead us (Psalm 23) and grace for EVERY sin (2 Corinthians 12:9)
I think so.  I am sure you do as well.

But continue!

Direction for every turn.

I am with some of my favorite folks this week.  Interestingly, and this doesn’t happen often to me, I am the “elder statesmen” in our little tribe of travelers this week.  And several of our party are at some crossroads of life.  There are some HUGE decisions to be made.  New opportunities are being presented. New doors are being opened. So of course, there has been some conversation, some requests for advice.  I am glad WE can lean on that “direction for every turn” that
Max reminds us of!
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my eye upon you. Psalm 32:8 (ESV)

Perhaps you too need some direction or need a little light shed for the next turn. GOD is listening, GOD loves you, GOD will equip you with the best advice if you (and my Texas team) lean on Him for the direction. (Proverbs 3)

Lastly, GOD is that anchor when the storms of life bubble up.
Hebrews 6:18-19 (ESV)
hold fast to the hope set before us.
We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul…
That HOPE is found in CHRIST!

So, thanks Max for that Texas-spun truth yesterday and today.
And just in case you missed it…

Remember today:
GOD hears.
GOD loves.
GOD equips.
GOD directs.
GOD covers.
GOD illuminates
GOD anchors.


Have a blessed day.
I love you all.
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment