Friday, August 24, 2012

CRTL/ALT/DEL



Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (MSG)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
I used to be in the computer business.Now before anyone gets carried away, I was on the SALES side of this business.My motto, which was passed down from my boss was that “computers were for selling, leave the fixing to someone else.”So when it comes to the technical end of these wonderful tools of technology, my abilities restrict me to the “shallow end” of the technology pool.
Usually my answer for end user questions was “reboot”.
You know…reboot.
Reset.Start over.Clear the “cache”; recycle the RAM or something like that.
I loved the “REBOOT”.
Were you aware that each and every day GOD gives us a chance to reboot?Yep he does.
Lamentations 3:22-23
22 The Lord's love never ends;
his mercies never stop.
23 They are new every morning;
Now I know I share that verse quite a bit in the DISPATCH, but it is such a powerful truth.I am texting back and forth yesterday with a good friend, a hard worker, a struggling “recoverer”who’s bad Wednesday was seeping into her Thursday.This verse reminded her to pause and remember.Wednesday had no power over Thursday and Friday was in the distance.
Matthew 6:34
… Each day has enough trouble of its own.
I believe far too many “todays” are ruined by our “yesterdays” don’t you think?
That is why daily GOD encourages us to reboot!He encourages us to set our sights and energies for what is ahead of us, not what is behind us.
2 Peter 3:13-15(NLT)
13 But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God’s righteousness.
14 And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight.
So if yesterday was a disaster, reboot.If this week has been forgettable, then forget it. Reboot. Start fresh. Make every effort to make today better. Set your sights forward. Remove your eyes from the rear-view mirror and focus on the windshield!
GOD will help you. He is waiting to clear the deck. He is standing by to reboot. All together now...CTRL/ALT/DEL...;) winking
Psalms 19:12-14
…Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh! Keep me from stupid sins, from thinking I can take over your work; Then I can start this day sun-washed, scrubbed clean of the grime of sin. These are the words in my mouth; these are what I chew on and pray. Accept them when I place them on the morning altar, O God, my Altar-Rock, God, Priest-of-My-Altar.
Have a blessed weekend.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment