Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"IN THE FRAME"



 
Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Who or what is in charge today?

What I mean is, from where or from whom are you taking your cues and getting direction today?

It is “the world”?  I mean is your mind already filled this morning with what it is that you have to do?  Have you already fired up the calendar on the I-Phone and with great dread and apprehension seen that enormous list of “stuff” that needs done?

Or are you listening to “YOU”?  Maybe you have decided today is a “me” day.  Nothing wrong with “me” days really, but you have to be careful that “me” days don’t turn into “me first” days.

Galatians 5:16-18
My counsel is this: Live freely, animated and motivated by God's Spirit. Then you won't feed the compulsions of selfishness. For there is a root of sinful self-interest in us that is at odds with a free spirit, just as the free spirit is incompatible with selfishness. These two ways of life are antithetical, so that you cannot live at times one way and at times another way according to how you feel on any given day. Why don't you choose to be led by the Spirit…?

So there is a good suggestion.  Let's be SPIRIT LED today.  What do you say?

Before you decide today is going to be a “to do” kind of day or a “me” kind of day, before you set your agenda or cave to your personal wants and desires, bring GOD into the frame first.


Matthew 6:33
33 What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.

It doesn’t take much for any of us to “get out of frame” when it comes to life.  It doesn’t take much to lose sight of GOD’s plan for our lives when we choke it out with our personal agendas and our inherent selfish nature.  It is easy to be blinded by the demands and allures of this world and meander down a wrong path.

I witnessed it firsthand yesterday.

So join me this morning.

Let’s clear the deck.  Put the agenda away.  Turn the noise off.  Forget what it is that “think you really want” and let GOD have the floor.  Give GOD your undivided attention this morning.  Listen for Him and respond to Him.

Psalm 85:8 (NLT)
8 I listen carefully to what God the Lord is saying,                     
    for he speaks peace to his faithful people.
    
 
That will keep you "in frame".

I love you all.
 
Freedom Church
 
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment