Monday, August 27, 2012

WHATCHA WEARIN?


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Well it’s the first day of school here in Xenia today. My son is all set to sport some new duds. Distressed skinny jeans, cool matching kicks, cool shirt. Got a little mousse in the hair and little AXE spray under the pits; he is ready to rock and roll. Unfortunately for him, he inherited a bit of the "fashionista" gene from his grandpa and when it comes to first day school clothes, he wants to rock his finest.
Plus he gets to see "Carly" for the first time since June, so he knows he needs to be looking dapper.
Sadly, when I was a kid, my mom laid out my school clothes until I was like 14 I think. I know…pretty lame. But the Delaney mom's wanted and continue to want their men looking good.
But this got me to thinking about that great scripture about “clothing” in Colossians today.
Colossians 3:13-14
…dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.
We need to as proud to wear this EVERY day, not just on special occasions like the first day of school. We need to embrace compassion, keep our cool, be gracious and most of all show love each and every day. We need to be excited to “wear this wardrobe” GOD has designed for us; wearing it as proudly as those new crisp denims on that first day of school.
So what do you say?
Let's dress up a bit this morning shall we? Lets make sure we put on that all-purpose garment this morning, love.
John 13:34-35
"Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other."
Now you are "looking good"!
I love you all.
Be blessed.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment