Friday, August 31, 2012

NO ANSWER?

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
I really don’t like not having an answer. Call it pride, call it arrogance, but those who know me well know that if there is a question or need, I like to at least have a line or an avenue to get it answered or resolved.
That brings me to this morning. I have a situation that right now has no clear cut answer. Now don’t get me wrong, I have made lots of suggestions, investigated a lot of possibilities, vetted a lot of potential solutions, yet none, and I mean none of them are passing the muster so to speak.
And I don’t like it.
I don’t like the confusion. I don’t like the uncertainty. I don’t like the anxiety and I especially don’t like “not knowing” what to do.
But it is at times like these that I "know that we know" we need to trust GOD even more; we need to pray even more.
Why?
Because God knew we'd need help in prayer. With our limited human perspective, we cannot know all aspects of the situations facing us. But the Holy Spirit understands our needs and burdens—as well as the "big picture." He carries our requests to God even when we can't adequately express them.
So we can’t let apathy seep in. We can’t let frustration take a grip. We can’t let the naysayers and the angered push us to caving in or settling for less. We can’t write GOD off, we can’t quit BELIEVING, TRUSTING, PRAYING, BEING OBEDIENT, SEEKING PURITY, and CHASING after HOLINESS.
We can’t quit nor lose hope.
Psalm 17:4
I'm staying on your trail;
I'm putting one foot
In front of the other.
Jesus tells us to persist until we see the answer; HIS ANSWER, not ours. That is the tricky part.
Therefore we are to keep on asking until it’s given to us. We’re to keep on seeking until we find it. We are to keep on knocking until the door is opened. Ask, seek, and knock are all present tense verbs here in the original Greek, which means that they speak of continuous or habitual action.
So our faith, our trust, our seeking and our pursuit of the answer through Him must be perpetual.
Matthew 7:7
[ Ask, and It Will Be Given ] “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
So if you are like me today, faced by an insurmountable task, an unanswerable question or an “unresolvable”dilemma remember:
God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength
For each new day
He will make a way
He will make a way
Have a blessed weekend.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment