Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Prayerful PREP



 
Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Let’s “prep” together this morning.
What do I mean?

Many of you know I dabble a little in catering.  My grandmothers Winnie and Clara were so gracious to let me hang out at their knee when I was little and gain some “stovetop” wisdom.

And I learned before you can bring together “grandma worthy grub” you need to “prep”.
Get the veggies cut and ready.  Organize your ingredients on the counter.  Eggs at room temp? Meat tenderized?  Got that chicken-fried steak station ready?  Oven preheated?  Water on to boil?
You get my drift.

Good prep will equate to greater meal success.  That is just a fact.

But did you know the same applies to our “spiritual” preparation?

It does.  The better we spiritually prepare for the “day” ahead the more successful our day will be.  Trust me on that.

That is not to say the day won’t deliver a dropped pan or a spilled sauce or two, rather good preparation allows you to deal with it more effectively.

And nothing prepares us for the day ahead like prayer.
So let me ask you, have you prayed yet this morning?  Have you "prepped" for today?

Okay...then let me "play grandma" for a second and offer a little help.

Start with a prayer of praise perhaps?

1 Chronicles 29:11 (NCV)
 11 Lord, you are great and powerful.
       You have glory, victory, and honor.
       Everything in heaven and on earth belongs to you.
    The kingdom belongs to you, Lord;
       you are the ruler over everything.

Followed with a prayer for protection from temptation?

Mark 14:38 (NIV)
38 Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.

How about a prayer for direction?
2 Thessalonians 3:5
May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.

Let's add a prayer to clear the deck and clean the slate perhaps?
Matthew 6:12
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.

Then seek GOD's hand for the day ahead.
Numbers 6:24-25 (MSG)
 24 God bless you(me) and keep you(me)
 25 God smile on you(me) and gift you(me)

All set?  Ready to get going?

I believe you are properly prepped!
 
I love you all!
Freedom Church
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment