Tuesday, August 7, 2012

ON PURPOSE





Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Think about something on purpose. If you give the devil empty space, he will fill it.
Joyce Meyer
Have you ever had a minute to put life on pause and catch your breath long enough to “contemplate” your PURPOSE?

You know, like those heady philosophers that pontificate for hours on the top of some remote mountain in the Andes somewhere?
Probably not...hehehe...  J
I mean, I have enough trouble remembering “where” I am going each day, I can’t begin to contemplate as to “why” I am going there.  All I know is my calendar says to keep hopping. J
But all kidding aside, I have begun to take what Joyce says very seriously.  If we don’t have “purpose”, if our minds are not focused, the devil will use that idle time to sneak in and get us off track.

2 Timothy 2:16
Amplified Bible (AMP)
16 But avoid all empty (vain, useless, idle) talk, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness.

So purpose is “important”.
And whether we truly grasp it or not, GOD does have a purpose for each and every one of us.  He has crafted a future and a destiny for all of His children.
Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord,

It is up to us to listen to GOD for that purpose.

Our lives are not meant to be aimless and meandering.  Scripture validates that.  Rather we are to be sensitive to the promptings of GOD, doing our best to listen to His voice and respond to His calling on each of our lives.
I don’t know what that is for you but if your life is feeling void of direction, if your days are starting to run together and mired in “routine”, take a step back, go for a walk, take a drive in the country and refocus.  Ask GOD to reveal those “plans” for you.  Listen for a prompting and a purpose and when you hear from GOD (and you will) respond!

That is why I so admire my friend Dan F.  He and I were having coffee the other afternoon and he was sharing a vision of a horse farm and a home for trouble youths.  This vision had been burdening him for more than 7 years.  He was so excited to tell me about finally “mucking” stalls, meeting with others of like vision and going where GOD was leading him.

He was pursuing his purpose.  He was listening to GOD.

1 Corinthians 9:26
26 So…run with purpose in every step.

So if you are feeling “aimless” or without purpose today, close that door to the enemy, pause and talk to GOD.  Your purpose will be revealed.
Psalm 57:2
Amplified Bible (AMP)
2 I will cry to God Most High, Who performs on my behalf and rewards me [Who brings to pass His purposes for me and surely completes them]!

I love you all.
Have a blessed day.
Freedom Church

Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment