Friday, February 8, 2013

EXPECTANT HOPE




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“What?”
“No way.”
“Come on now, you are joking.”
“Could be WHAT you say?”
“Really?”
Ever been knocked back a little from unexpected news?
Maybe the doctors crossed you up and what was a routine physical unearthed something more serious.
Maybe a routine phone call delivered some less than routine news.
Maybe with no warning today is your last at work.
All of us have experienced “the unexpected”; those little moments in life where we didn’t see it coming and quite frankly don’t have a real handle on how to react.
GOD’s expectation is for us to react HOPEFULLY. Place our hope in HIM. He has got it under control even when we don’t. We can trust in Him.
Psalm 71:5
5 For You are my hope, O Lord God. You are my trust since I was young.
Sadly we have watered down “hope” in our culture. I “hope” I win the game. I “hope” she says yes. We have dulled hope to wishful thinking. Yet HOPE for one in Christ is so much more than that! It is EXCITED.
It is a “what’s next” kind of hope not a “what if” kind of hope!
We are to…
Romans 12:12 ESV
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer
We are to be HAPPY in OUR HOPE; expectant. Our hope is not a nail-biting, gut wrenching hope. Our hope is certain and confident. Why?
Our HOPE in rooted and founded in the LORD! So our hope doesn’t titter and fret, our hope trusts and believes!
Isaiah 41:10
…fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Adrian Rogers puts it this way…
”Our HOPE, however, our rock-ribbed assurance, comes with glad anticipation!”
So be assured today in your hope! You will be blessed!
Psalm 146:5 ESV
Blessed is he/she…whose hope is in the Lord his God,
Have a blessed weekend…
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment