Monday, February 11, 2013

FLUID FAITH?





Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

If someone were to approach you on the street and ask…”how’s your faith?” what would be your response?

Would you skate around the question and say “my faith is in the Lord?” or deflect it all together with a “that’s personal” reply?

Come on it is a simple question.

Let me put it another way.

“Can you describe your faith, I know you believe in GOD, but to how would you decribe that belief?"

Now that IS a little different. I know you have "some" faith or you wouldn't get the DISPATCH. But just how is your faith?

Confident or creeky? Solid or shifting? Firm or fluid?
Perhaps your faith is rock solid on a Sunday when you are surrounded with believers and the worship music is cranking and the atmosphere is dripping with Jesus but when the music stops and life starts back up it has a tendency to waver.
That is FLUID FAITH; faith that in times of trial loses its focus on GOD and fixates instead on the problem. Fluid faith says, “I know He can, but I’m not sure He will.”

Does that describe your faith?

We must remember our faith holds the keys to blessing, joy, perseverance and patience!

Romans 5:1-3

Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. 2Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory. 3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.

So if someone asks us, “how’s your faith”, our answer should be, “Increasing!”

You see one of our greatest desires should be to firm up our faith so that we can live successfully, deal with challenges more effectively and walk with CHRIST more confidently!

So now maybe you are asking “how do I increase my faith?” The disciples asked the same thing in Luke so don't feel weird asking the question.

The answer is start your day "FIRMING YOUR FAITH."
I mean the "ZUMBA-ITES" are off firming and toning their bodies first thing, why shouldn't we also be firming our faith?

So here are some FIRMING THE FAITH fixes:
Before anything else align your thoughts with GOD. Open with a thank you.
Carve out time in the morning for GOD.
Grab a little devotional and set it next to the cereal or on the kitchen table. Instead of the newspaper, reach for the WORD of GOD to start your day. Perhaps a prayer post-it on the fridge. Be intentional!

Proverbs 8:32-36

“So, my dear friends, listen carefully; those who embrace these my ways are most blessed. Mark a life of discipline and live wisely; don’t squander your precious life. Blessed the man, blessed the woman, who listens to me, awake and ready for me each morning, alert and responsive as I start my day’s work. When you find me, you find life, real life, to say nothing of God’s good pleasure…

Start there and watch that FLUID FAITH firm up fast!
And then you can answer that question confidently. "How's your faith?"
"Firming up all the time!"


I love you all!

Freedom Church



Pastor GDelaney



No comments:

Post a Comment