Wednesday, February 6, 2013

YOU MATTER



Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Last week I was listening to another Pastor deliver a message and he kept repeating the phase “YOU MATTER”.
I liked that.
Why?
Life has a way of draining the “you matters” right out of us doesn’t it?
Call customer service and they say your CALL matters but do YOU really matter? Truth is they would rather have YOU NOT call than call. *:-/ confused (Trust me, I used to sell these services...)
Go to the deli and what do you do? Take a number. So it is your NUMBER that matters and not really YOU. The “number” is going to get the pound of ham and Swiss cheese right?
We do get reduced and diminished these days don’t we?
We have minimized ourselves to pictures on a FACEBOOK page and pop up photos on the smart phone. We text and tweet rather than meet and greet. So it pretty easy to begin to feel like WE don’t matter as much as our interactions, information and transactions do.
But the Pastor said “YOU MATTER” didn’t he? Because YOU do matter!
I matter, we all matter when it comes to GOD.
Isaiah 43:1-3
…I’ve called your name. You’re mine.
When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you.
When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you’re between a rock and a hard place,
it won’t be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God…
Did you hear that?
You have a PERSONAL GOD. My goodness you (me) we really DO matter to GOD!
He is THERE FOR US!
He is PROTECTING US!
He is DIRECTING US.
We matter to Him!
In fact did you see that? He knows us by name and says we are HIS! We belong to Him! Personally! Are you kidding?
Boy is that ever reassuring. In a world where each day we are being reduced to digits and digitization it is so good to know that GOD still finds us special!
1 Thessalonians 2:3
…It is clear to us, friends, that God not only loves you very much but also has put his hand on you for something special.
You REALLY DO matter!
Have a blessed day!
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment