Thursday, February 21, 2013

TOUGH QUESTIONS

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Where is your weak spot?
Do you have a specific vulnerability? For me it is a “sweet tooth”.
I will be upfront I have a real penchant for refined sugar and eye candy.
I know what you are saying, “I get what refined sugar is, but eye candy?”
I will offer a little confession I struggle from time to time with not just a craving for sweet treats but a wandering eye as well. I am not proud to confess that, but I will own it and I continue to work on it.
You see last night we kicked off a new FREEDOM study called “FREEDOM BEGINS HERE”, it is an honest look at ourselves against the backdrop of a self-centered, self-focused, sexually charged society. And I will be honest it asks some tough, tough questions. It is going to be one of those revealing and perhaps a little painful little studies.
But the truth is we do need to look in the mirror from time to time and ask ourselves the tough questions right?
Am I being faithful to GOD with my body?
Am I being faithful to GOD with my mind and thoughts?
Am I being faithful to GOD in my actions and choices?
Am I growing to look more like Jesus today than I was yesterday?
Like I said tough questions. And like many “interrogations” it can get a little uncomfortable.
But GOD calls us to self-awareness and self-examination. We have to be honest with ourselves in order to be honest with GOD.
Psalm 139:23
Search me, God, and know my heart…
It is important for us to ask the tough questions of ourselves each day, but it is even more crucial that we pray for GOD to work and refine us each day.
Psalm 51:10
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
GOD wants to refine us and grow us to look more like Jesus. He wants us to desire that for ourselves and in response to His amazing grace and love for us!
1 Thessalonians 4:1
…we ask you—urge is more like it—that you keep on doing what we told you to do to please God, not in a dogged religious plod, but in a living, spirited dance. You know the guidelines we laid out for you from the Master Jesus…
So take a minute to find a mirror and ask yourself those tough questions. Answer honestly. Then commit to clear away any debris and distractions that could potentially keep you from today’s objective which is simply TO BE MORE LIKE JESUS TODAY THAN YESTERDAY.
I love you all!
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment