Monday, July 13, 2015

PICTURE YOURSELF

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

I know, the DISPATCH is a “little later” than usual.  Sometimes you work the plan and other times another plan works you.  Today was a day when another plan got precedent.

Yesterday our Fusion Pastor was pinch-hitting for our Senior Pastor and he encouraged all of us to PICTURE ourselves as GOD pictures us.

And just how does GOD picture those in Him?

With a hope and a future.
As sons and daughters.
As heirs.
As one who has incredible hope because of CHRIST.
As His Son.

I could go on.  I even have a little FREEDOM resource that helps to PAINT that picture 40 or 45 times more.

Pictures are powerful; worth a thousand words right?

So why not begin this week allowing yourself to SEE yourself as GOD sees you?

Why not find a mirror and AFFIRM your standing as HIS CHILD?
Why allow the enemy to lie to you?

When this is the TRUTH…
1 Peter 2:9
…you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God’s instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you—

GOD daily is making a difference in and through you.  GOD is daily offering Himself to guide, nurture, change and advance you. GOD is daily refining that picture in the mirror to look more and more like His Son if we will listen to Him, let Him and live for Him.

1 John 2:6 (LB)
Anyone who says he is a Christian should live as Christ did.

So today this is simple stuff.

Picture yourself growing into what GOD wants you be; a wonderful representation of His sovereignty and His Son.  Don’t allow the enemy to cloud or alter the picture.

Many believers fail to see the other side of their gospel identity: their identity in Christ. Christ not only gives me forgiveness and a new future, but a whole new identity as well! I am now a child of God, with all the rights and privileges that this title bestows.

This is important because each of us lives out of some sense of identity, and our gospel identity amnesia will always lead to some form of identity replacement. That is, if who I am in Christ does not shape the way I think about myself and the things I face, then I will live out some other identity. - Lane

Don’t do that!
Remember, picture yourself as GOD does and live accordingly!
Remember:

Psalm 139:13-14
You (GOD) made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!


I love you all!
Freedom Church
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment