Tuesday, July 14, 2015

PURSUE PURPOSE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“You cannot fulfil God's purposes for your life while focusing on your own plans.”― Rick Warren
The purpose in a man's heart is like deep water, but a man of understanding will draw it out. Proverbs 20:5

If we are to fulfill GOD’s purpose for our lives we need to DIVE DEEP into GOD’s PRESENCE and POSSIBILITIES and draw it out while not allowing our “agenda” to cloud the process.

My buddy, Pastor Bri yesterday in our staff meeting encouraged us to focus on our PURPOSE and not just the tasks of our position.  She pressed us to be MOTIVATED by the PASSION that GOD has placed in our heart and the opportunities He has set in our way.  She pushed us to “seek that out”!

That requires us from time to time to “re-assess” what we are doing; ask some tough questions.
Do my tasks advance the purpose and calling on my life or am I merely busy? (This encouragement intrigued me)...

Am I advancing my relationship with CHRIST and OTHERS as I am called to do?
Is what I am doing bringing GOD glory?

The question is why do that?
Why ask those questions?
Why re-evaluate our processes and agendas?

Because when we are "purpose and passion driven" we will experience greater contentment in life; intensify our exuberance and inspiration in it!
“There is a distinct feeling of contentment that engulfs your entire being after a day well lived, a battle well fought, and a purpose tirelessly pursued.” ― Steve Maraboli

“You are most yourself when you are wrapped up in your purpose and not your position.” – Steffany Gretzinger

“God’s purpose for my life was that I have a passion for God’s glory and that I have a passion for my joy in that glory, and that these two are one passion.” ― Jonathan Edwards

So can I challenge you a little today?
Steal away for some time with GOD.  Grab your calendar.  Look it over.  Are you pursuing your passions or marking time?
Are you experiencing the contentment of purpose and passion?

If not, maybe it is a good time to give GOD the day.  Pray for purposeful intersections.  Pray for purposeful interactions. Ask GOD to press you into opportunities where you passions and purpose are leveraged.  Don’t be scared of it.  Don’t cower.
“When God gives an assignment, he also gives the skill. Study your skills, then, to reveal your assignment.” ― Max Lucado

And pursue that purpose!

Have a blessed day!
I love you all
Freedom Church
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment