Wednesday, July 8, 2015

STUBBORN FRIENDSHIPS - 7.7.2015 - Missed Post

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
LUCADO SAYS…the greatest webs of loyalty are spun, not with airtight theologies or foolproof philosophies, but with friendships: stubborn, selfless, joyful friendships.”
Who is part of your WEB of loyalty?
You have any STUBBORN friendships?
I laid to rest someone who was stubborn in her friendship to me.
For years as I was deep in my addiction she watched me hurt someone precious to her day after day. And while she would quickly tell you she didn’t condone what I had become, she wasn’t about to give up on the ones she loved, the ones being impacted.
She was stubbornly loyal. She was decidedly self-less.
I was honored to have her as my friend.
And I mentioned to the group last night during FREEDOM after a very long and emotionally "mixed" kind of day, to EMBRACE community; to thank GOD for the STUBBORN friendships in our lives!
For GOD designed community for us. In fact His love built it for us.
...God will never reject me because I am not good enough and that any COMMUNITY that has His heart will embrace me as I am. Jesus invites us into a COMMUNITY where imperfect people can find acceptance, love, forgiveness, and a new beginning.” - McManus
I talk quite a bit in the DISPATCH about the importance of each other. Whether in recovery or life, GOD stresses how much “better” life is when we have others to walk it out with us.
Ecclesiastes 4:9,10,12 (MSG)
It's better to have a partner than go it alone. Share the work, share the wealth. And if one falls down, the other helps…By yourself you're unprotected. With a friend you can face the worst. Can you round up a third? A three-stranded rope isn't easily snapped.
So you get the drift today. This is not a new message by any means. It is just relevant for me today perhaps.
Yet I encouraged those that gathered at FREEDOM last night to look around the room and appreciate the community GOD had given them.
I ask you to do the same today.
Has GOD placed you in the midst of some great people, people you can count on, people who will love you just because they love you and love GOD?
GOD has likely intersected you with someone “who gets you” and is able to share life’s trials and burdens with…it starts there you know.
“Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."” ― C.S. Lewis
Thank GOD for them. Thank GOD today for your LOYAL, STUBBORN, SELFLESS, JOYOUS relationships…
Your community…

No comments:

Post a Comment