Tuesday, July 28, 2015

SEEK ENCOURAGEMENT - 7.27.2015 - Missed Post...

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Some say the devil is in the details. For me about 420 yesterday afternoon the devil was in the DIVERTICULITIS. So accept my apologies for today’s DISPATCH being a little delayed and derailed by my post-recovery nemesis.
So I need a little of what I am about to share too!
============
Do you have anyone in your life that just ENCOURAGES you?
Mine is a fella name Herman.
Herman pastors a loving small congregation in Xenia. He was celebrating his 2nd year yesterday. I received a little text last week inviting me to come over and celebrate with him.
I could not make the party, but I stopped in to pray and encourage Herman before his service and like Herman does, he encouraged me when I thought I was going there to encourage him.
You know we read share tweet and post passages of scripture like:
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV)
…give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
But when I talk to Herman, he LIVES it!
Seriously.
In our 80 or so minutes together he shared story after story of circumstances and recent trials that would cause even the strongest of Christians to wobble. Yet Herman shared that even as things were crumbling around him, he never stopped praising GOD.
Even though things were messy, GOD had a message.
And here is the amazing thing, GOD BLESSED him trough the adverse circumstances.
He remained steady.
GOD remained faithful.
Proverbs 28:20
A faithful person will be richly blessed…
What an encouragement.
How about you?
Who has GOD put in your life to ENCOURAGE you? You have a Herman?
Or maybe it is time for you and me to demonstrate some faithfulness so someone else might be encouraged from a story when we have been blessed by GOD’S faithfulness.
Remember:
1 Thessalonians 5:11(MSG)
…we’re alive with him! So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope…
When you encourage others, you in the process are encouraged because you're making a commitment and difference in that person's life. Encouragement really does make a difference. - Zig Ziglar
I love you all!
Have an ENCOURAGING day!
FREEDOM CHURCH

No comments:

Post a Comment